Pella Mid-Atlantic is now taking applications for the position of Service Technician. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, conscientious person who will constantly strive to do accurate work. Pella Mid-Atlantic will value your loyalty, attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and ability to do a job well, time and time again. Come be a part of our team and be rewarded for your high quality of work. Send resume with confidence.
Summary:To repair and maintain company products in accordance with manufacturers specifications while providing excellent customer service and assuring customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for working with service request repair order to survey the extent or need for repair of the product(s).
- Install products and accessories sold by the company as required.
- Provide repairs or replace parts according to manufacturer’s specifications using hand held power tools and referring to the repair manual as needed.
- Maintain truck stock of commonly used repair parts and reorder as needed.
- Maintain service van in very good condition.
- Responsible for abiding by all state vehicles/driving regulations.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service; help customers identify their needs by phone or in person
- Maintain company standard regarding personal appearance. Wearing proper uniform, and ID, maintaining appropriate hair (including facial) at all times
- Responsible for following daily schedule
- Accountable for loading vehicle and any product damage
- Responsible for reporting any vehicle accidents or injuries
- Responsible for the following performance standards
- Minimum of 90% first time completion rate
- 4.0 calls per day average
- Responsible for making recommendations for corrective measures needed; providing to customer on-site quote and return date
- Responsible for customer signature and returning all paperwork to office per standard procedure
- Responsible for updating service events on computer program per customer event
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Respond well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;
- React well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Is consistently at work and on time;
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, excel, Adobe, able to learn Pella programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.