Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when arriving at your Washington DC home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery about a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Washington DC, give them a call at (202) 810-6799 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the choices for getting replacement doors to improve the look of your home.