Winter weather is just around the corner in Washington DC and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Washington DC winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Mid-Atlantic team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Washington DC.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Washington DC a call at (202) 810-6799 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.