Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your house. What is the purpose of your space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at (301) 327-3013, visit our Washington DC showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.